Monday, February 8, 2016

Face to Face with God


My heart is heavy as I write trying to wonder what life is like now for a friend of mine? Wonder what emotions she is dealing with and her two little girls. 

Let me tell you, her girls are the cutest!! I got to see a video of them sending my friend an, "I miss you video" that their daddy recorded when we were all in Arizona for graduation!

I have gotten to know beautiful Lauren through my time with Holy Yoga. She is so sweet and loves Christ. 


During one of our structure breakdowns. We three decided to pause and take a picture! 💜😊

This photo was taken on the last day of retreat after graduation. This is our whole group. We all stayed in one cabin together throughout the whole week!


One thing in all the news readings that stuck out to me about her husband is all the reporters commented on one of the last pictures he posted to Instagram saying, "you've been my rock!" I truly believe that! Lauren is strong and passionate about what she does, and I believe she carried that over into loving Dave Mirra.

Suicide, why does there have to be that kind of fog in this world? How can someone be so sad, so lonely, so empty to think the world is better off without me in it? How can one person think they are not loved!? 

And God! What about your promises? What about their promises? You know, the ones they made before family and friends... And ... You? What about those little girls? How will they fill this hole the size of Texas in their hearts?

As my tears flow down my red cheeks, I realize I can't answer any of these no matter how hard I search for the answers to these questions. One day we will know all there is to know, but right now the only thing that is stinging my mind is, we all have to lose loved ones at some point in our lives because we are human. And, if it weren't for Adam and Eve's escapade with that dirty Devil himself then I think things would have been less painful here on earth. 
 
"First is human body and then the spiritual body comes later." 

Scares me to think of losing my loved ones! Makes you want to kiss your kids a little extra and tell them how much they mean to you! How much they mean to God! 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 That they have an amazing purpose here on this earth for His honor and His glory! John 15:16 That He adopted them already and they are His children forever and because of that, they will never be alone! Ephesians 1:5 That they are favored!! That they are yoked with God already, because they were created perfectly in His beautiful, amazing image! 1 Corinthians12:27, Genesis 1:27 That there is promise for their life! 

God does not separate from us. Hear me! God is not the one that pulls away! He never leaves us and He never forsakes us! Hebrews 13:5,Colossians 1:14 It is written and promised to us! So in my search for promises for Lauren, and her girls I relalize God gave me more answers than I know what to do with! They will be loved by my Father in Heaven! Romans 4:25, Philippians 4:13 That! I know!!! 

To Lauren, Maddison and Mckenzie, 
Our hearts are weeping with you. I am so sorry my friends! I know my words will never be enough, but know that we hold you dearly and are praying for you through this time! 

In loving memory of Dave Mirra 


If you are dealing with thoughts of suicide please reach out. Don't keep your thoughts hidden. The Devil loves to prey on people with secrets! There is light through all the darkness, I promise you that! John 8:12




No comments: